Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Monday, January 21, 2013

Almost Turning "40" makes you take long walks down "Memory Lane"... Here's to turning FORTY!

I started this blog a few years back... Ok, to be exact, it was July 25, 2008 and if you read the post right here, where it all started! You'll notice when you read toward the end, I mention the desire of living in an RV! Or at least just traveling in one.

(the very first photo added to this blog... notice Brother Bear WAS a lil cub 
and we lived in sunny and tropical Florida)

(This is us in December 2012..just a few weeks ago. Now, living in colder climates!)

Ok, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic... well, I always feel nostalgic, that's who I am! But even more-so because I'm weeks away from turning "40"!

Tonight, I decided to open up my blog and see where it all started. I've been in the writing-stuff-down, documenting, filming, catching every moment kinda mood lately. Maybe it's not just because I'm about to turn "40", but also because I look at my small children and they're not so small anymore. Remember the lil bear cubs, I once upon a time, started writing about and sharing photos with you about? They have grown since then. And they keep growing. I've tried and stopped them, but Brother Bear says I can't do that. So, I began feeding them again. (I never really stopped feeding them, they are "King and Queen of the Snack Factory")


(Papa Bear and the cubs... all grown up and eating of course -Dec 2012)

Since I began writing here at the Treehouse, I have started doing one of my long time dreams of homeschooling both of them. I am not dreaming of living on a farm anymore, like remember these days Dreaming of Farm Livin' I'm writing you from our Fifth Wheel on our farm that we bought last Sept 2012!

4 1/2 years later, it's happening. We never thought this dream would come true. In fact, today, Papa Bear and I were just sharing, with the not so little cubs, that we don't believe we have ever prayed for a farm, God just knew the desires of our hearts and made it all happen. It has always just been a dream of ours that we'd talk about while camping in Big Sur, or driving across country..... Or being pregnant with Brother Bear and on a whim deciding to visit "Camping World" with Sister Bear that was fun!

Cutest Flashback Interruption...... 
We, as a family just stopped to watch this about 5-6 times!
Sister Bear discovers CHOC-IT aka Chocolate!
(I'm sorry, my heart melts for this memory..just like the chocolate did on her witto hands!) 

This will most likely be the longest post for a while. I do feel like nurturing my blog is necessary though, because I have too many things around me that are inspiring me to do what I love; photograph, write, cook and most of all, spend time with my family... and I can do all of these things at once..sometimes :) 

Ok, I think I better go check on dinner.... Tonight, it's leftovers! And can I say, they are so much tastier than the original meal itself. I have spruced this up from last night's version. If you want this recipe, I'm sure she won't mind: You'll want to add this to your recipe book, right away! If you haven't met her (I haven't met her either) or her blog yet, don't kick yourself, just start following her now... I've known about her for years, but I'm just now appreciating her.. go see what I'm talking about at www.thepioneerwoman.com!


PS: It's better to overcook this dish than to undercook it. Trust me. You don't want some of your family members favoring the restroom afterwards. It's not a compliment to the cook! I call this dish, 

"Twice Baked Meatloaf"

Just make sure it's cooked. That's all I'm saying.

I'm going to leave you with these 3 recent family photos of us......

(Our first time together at the Theatre to see "A Christmas Carol" -Dec 2012)

(Christmas 2012


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 from the Bear Family!

This post took me all night to finally write, spend time with my family, and reheat dinner..no photos were taken at all tonight (believe it or not..how else would I be able to click "post"?)

With Love,
Mama Bear 


Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires. Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...