Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Monday, February 7, 2011

Jesus as the Home of my Soul

I'm reposting this from a blog that was shared with me...... My hope is that it touches YOU today.


What a beautiful thing it is that Jesus cares about us and every little thing we do. Whether it is making our beds, doing the dishes, teaching a math lesson, or folding clothes - He is interested in all of these things and watches over us as we perform our daily labors. Likewise, we can and should meditate on Him while engaged in any task, no matter how menial.

I ran across the following on an index card that my Mom had placed in her scriptures. This little illustration might be good to put above your sink as a reminder that the Lord is in and through all things:


Picture Jesus as the Home of my Soul

Ceiling- He protects me and is above me
Floor - Supports and is below me
Walls- His arms are wrapped around me

Meditate on Him through Household Activities:

Getting dressed in the morning - Wear the "garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness" (this is a wonderful way to remind me throughout the day to praise Him and not fear the circumstances).
Doing Dishes, cleaning, etc.- Ask that God would cleanse me of sin and worry
Fine Arts (Crocheting, Sewing)-Realizing God is concerned about ALL the details of our lives
Our beds-Resting in His arms!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...