Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jesus is the Reason for the Season...

Isn't the true meaning of Christmas just a beautiful picture? It takes all the focus away from "ME"...me, meaning you, me..us. It's not about us at all, it's about The precious birth of Jesus. That reason alone, is the reason that the stress of Christmas doesn't haunt me anymore. It hasn't for a few years now. I had no idea why but somehow, I was being stripped of my selfish ways in how and why I was celebrating it. God truly prepared me in such a loving way, as He always does. I just didn't know it at the time.

For the past few years with all the moving around and all the angst of instability and thoughts of, "Oh, where are my boxes of Christmas decorations this year"..."Oh, I can't have a normal Christmas again!"....and "It's so unfair that I can't do what I WANT!!!!!" Wow, it all looks so selfish and exhausting now, at the time, it was about me, not Him. So, He broke things down for me, not only took away MY kind of Christmas, but He took away alot of other things that didn't belong in my life anymore. Being here, where He wants me to be feels alot better, more peaceful and clear with direction for a life He planned from the moment He created me. It's about Him! Every step I take, is about Him. So this year, my family and I, celebrate Jesus and His beautiful birth. Not only do we celebrate His birth, but that He is our Deliverer! Stop and think for a moment, what is it that you may need to be delivered from or just Thank Him for what He has delivered you from.

2 Timothy 4:18 (New Living Translation)
"Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into his heavenly Kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen."

Rest in that and celebrate! We thank Him for taking charge of our lives and keeping us in His will. It was exhausting trying to run things ourselves. I can't even count how many times we fell and wondered why? This song says it all:


and so........


Last night the little Bear cubs and I made some crafts to count down the days till Christmas......








Luke 2


The Birth of Jesus

1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while (a) Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.

For a real in depth look at our Lord's Birth and better understand the "The Virgin Birth", you can read it over at "Scripture Dig's" blog, it's beautifully written out:
Understand the Virgin Birth
Sandra says, "His name is holy because Christ is without sin–at birth, in life, and when He conquered death!"
Keep Christ in Christmas and Rejoice in this wonderful Season!

Love,
Mama Bear

3 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

Wonderful Post :-) Your kids are growing so much!! Goodness time flies!! I'm so glad you have such a good perspective. You have really grown these past couple of years!! I'm so glad to be your bloggie buddy :-) You are a great mom too.

Mama Bear said...

Aw, thank you, Outdoor Mama! I have to tell you, I spent all evening looking at old posts...that are not too far behind us, they were dear to my heart and made me laugh a lot! Time sure does fly. There has been a lot of growth, our dear Lord gets ALL the glory!

I'm delighted to be your bloggie buddy too. You sure encouraged me, more than you'll ever realize. God used you to speak to my heart in the quietness of the mornings in Texas. I'll never forget it. Thank you! And Praise God!

Sandra said...

I'm glad you liked my post on Scripture Dig! Love how you are focusing on Christ this Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...