Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Friday, February 13, 2009

"Thanksgiving Thursdays" -Life is Good a day later.

Today is Friday, not Thursday, I know...... I chose to grocery shop last night at dinner time rather than cook. Shoot me. I'm breaking the rules. My kids still ate, just in a different place -like out of our shopping cart. The grocery store is my therapy sometimes. I feel at peace there, remember, I'm Mama Bear -I gather food and things for the family treehouse. SO I pushed my cart and kids around for a couple hours and had the best time. We filled the cart with the food we love and then some. Oh, did I mention we're baking a cake for Valentine's Day? Yep, all the fixins. That should be fun, since I am new to the whole baking world. I am more a cook than a "Baker Smurf". But it will never stop me from having fun with my daughter. She thinks I know what I'm doing, so that's really all that matters.

Hope your dinner was as fun as ours. We tried a new grocery store too, THAT was thrilling. Oh, changing things up a little can always bring you some "good times" and new discoveries! I realized last night that I've been shopping at the wrong place.

You know the brand "Life is Good"? I am attracted to it for it's simplicity, but cleverness. I own a few items and so does my family. Everytime I drink from my coffee mug that says, "Do what you like -Like what you do" or put my daughter in her t-shirt that says, "Love Bug" -it always makes me smile. It's that simple. So I am drawing from that today........

I can be thankful this week for "Life". We lost a dear friend who meant alot to Papa bear and I had the privelege of knowing her a short time. It came as a shock, but doesn't death usually do that even when you think you're prepared? I don't think anyone prepares enough or knows how to prepare enough to accept the loss of someone you love.

This week has kinda been foggy, as you can understand. So just take some time and reflect on who you surround your life with and appreciate each thing inside your circle. If it doesn't bring you peace or goodness -find a way to make peace with IT. Our journey is all that we make it.

It's a rainy day today. I love the rain, it soothes my soul. What soothes your soul?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...