Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Friday, February 27, 2009

"Thanksgiving Thursdays" -Better late than never!


So I'm a bit late for this one, aren't I? Read the "title". Am I forgiven?






What am I thankful for this week?





Forgiveness!






I was going to go with something else, but this improv is so much better. Dontcha think? I think we overlook the power this word has. We all make mistakes and we all think about forgiveness, don't we? I know I do. It's easier said than done. I'll say, it's an ongoing process -a work in progress.






Get my point?








I think the older I get, the better I am getting comfortable with this whole "forgiveness" thing.




It could be as simple as being cut off on the freeway by a complete stranger and just letting go and just forgiving them for acting like a real jerk. Time to think deep thoughts.. maybe they are in a hurry because their child just fell off their bike and they were working their early shift at their second job and they had to leave their job early and lose pay that they really need, to go and be there for their kid. I can go on and on, but do I really need to? Maybe, they were just being a jerk. Honestly, who cares, right? By the time you go through the, maybes and the thoughts of wonder, you almost just don't have time to think bad thoughts about that complete stranger. Right? So lets try and put this whole thought process to good use. Try it on someone you actually know and maybe even quite well. Here goes my deep thoughts written, well, typed on, not paper, but my little ol' computer.. .







I think part of our challenge with "forgiveness" is we live in such a fast forward, rat race, everchanging, keep up with the times, don't miss a beat, can't be late for this and that, when did that come out? should have done that yesterday kind of WORLD and so we don't have time to stop and forgive someone, anyone. You know, I thought about going on and on with this, but do I need to? I am not your mother, preacher, role model, teacher of life. SO, just stop and think a good thought -even for a stranger who did you wrong. AND think about forgiving just one person, you may be holding a grudge against. You might feel better and gain a smile on your face -and you know what a smile on your face does for the world? Yep, it adds a bit of sunshine in places that were more on the gloomy side. I'll share what others have to say......









Sometimes just saying the words, "I'm sorry" can be the hardest and almost impossible two words to udder. Sometimes, we need to swallow our pride and just say them, with meaning, of course. So know that when I am not around here for awhile at the "Treehouse", it's usually because I am spending precious time with my children. I know I am forgiven for that. Here's what makes me smile every day...








1 comment:

outdoor.mom said...

oh such cute pics!!! to err is human, to forgive - divine. Such power in forgiving :-) Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...