Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Bear Cubs Daily Part 2" -Sundays are best spent w/my Family -read bottom for our life lesson learned today.

Tonight, I found Sister bear doing Yoga, all on her own. She was watching the "Goodnight Show" on the SPROUT channel. I was catching up on some emails and she was winding her evening down with a "REACHING FOR THE STARS" pose. Love this child.
Littlest one.
Camping Dept, here we come!

"Up up, in the Alligator we go!"
-her favorite.
We stopped to watch the airplanes take off and land.
-after church.




Sister bear made friends w/her Sunday school teacher today. (Sis bear was a bit timid with Miss Purple's strong personality) We talked about this teacher for weeks and how she was scary. I thought about talking with Miss Purple, but I didn't have to. We walked in this morning and she greeted Sister bear so warmly and with a welcoming smile that I think it may have taken her by surprise. She did not expect that I'm sure.



This week, I asked her if she knew her name and she said, "no". So my plan was to get to know her a bit and so together Sister bear and I made THEE plan that we would ask her, what her name was. After Sister bear was so kindly greeted, she immediately asked -on her own and so matter-of-fact, "What's your name?" Miss Purple smiled and answered, "Miss Purple!" It was a smooth and happy breakthrough.



Sister bear walked all the way into class and never looked back for me. I slipped out quietly and met Papa bear for service. What a relief. Normally, I have to coax her in to staying, because she had a little fear towards Miss Purple.



We learned today that we cannot run from things, people or situations that may feel a bit uncertain or make us feel uncomfortable. We can talk about it and find solutions. Some things may take time, but we can try at least and go from there. I was so proud of her for asserting herself with such a -in her words, scary situation. I almost detoured us to another church, so I learned too, not to run or give up, but try to work through it. See, our little ones teach us just as much as we teach them, life lessons.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...