Psalm 37:7








"Be still and rest in the LORD;


Wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him."


-Psalm 37:7


Thursday, October 8, 2009

What to do with PUMPKIN? Turn it into soup RECIPE!

I just had to repost this fall "goodie"! It's an all-time-fave and mighty delicious. Best way to enjoy it, wait for a cool day, bundle up, visit a nearby pumpkin patch and then go home and make this tasty soup and feast away. Make enough for left overs and some to gift to a neighbor. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.....


This is my new favorite homemade soup that I've been making once a week! So I thought I'd pass along a good thing to you guys.... You can enjoy it either "hot" or "cold", and dip some garlic bread.

What to do with PUMPKIN? Turn it into soup RECIPE

1/2 stick real butter
1 cup chopped onion (i use almost 2 cups for more flavor)
1/2 tsp curry powder (i use 1 tsp for more flavor, well actually i go to town w/this spice and just open the bottle and pour...)
1 14 oz can pumpkin
1-1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
2-1/2 cup water
2 tsp chicken base
2 cup half & half

Directions:
-Saute' onions and curry powder in butter.
-Place in blender and puree for about 1 min.
-Add 1/2 cup of pumpkin and 1/2 cup of water, blend for 1 min.
-Add remaining water (2 cups), chicken base (2 tsp) and other ingredients. Blend.
-Add the half & half (2 cups) and heat all together very slowly in a saucepan or pot for about 30-40 mins. (I cook this on my lowest setting "low" and just leave it on as long as people are still hungry, it shouldn't burn.)

This comes out the best when you use as many organic ingredients as possible. I say that for any meal you prepare. Ok, going to make my family a pot!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...